We named our 8 BR + den + theater room ocean-side beach house 'Sea Forever,' because you really can -- SEE FOREVER! Imagine a vacation with amenities like a private heated pool, hot tub, fireplace, elevator, 20 bicycles, gourmet 2-story kitchen, jacuzzi, landscaped gardens w/fire-pit, PS 3 & Wii, ocean views, and a beach only 650 feet away (a 3-min. walk)! Sea Forever has 5,000 sq. ft. of area, so bedrooms are large and accommodating. You can wake to a stunning sunrise over the ocean, enjoy coffee and bagels poolside (or IN our heated pool), or lounge around the great room planning your day, perhaps to see the Lost Colony Outdoor Drama (May-Aug), the Wright Brothers First Flight memorial and historic area, historic Corolla, climb the Corolla Light House, see the wild ponies, or tour the 1925-era Whalehead Club as U.S. Presidents did in the past. After family activities in the largest lawn in the neighborhood, you can relax with a book at the shade garden, or with loved ones around the fire pit making s'mores. Sea Forever is wonderfully situated within walking and biking distance of shops, restaurants, and other services around the corner (see map and reviews). There is some place to go or things to do year round! Guests love our key-less entry and custom check-in at the gated pool area. Your whole family or group can enjoy the best of all worlds: luxurious comfort and ocean-side access to what are truly OBX's best beaches, but at family-affordable rates.
FIRST FLOOR: 16x32 HEATED pool, toys, patio w/picnic table, grills, outdoor shower, loungers, rec room w/new-felt pool table, 46' SONY HDTV, kitchenette/wet bar with refrigerator-freezer, theater room with NEW 70' HDTV & Queen-sized sleeper sofa, 3 BRs (1 king w/ 32' HDTV, 1 queen, and 1 with twin beds w/22' flat TVs), a full bath (w/hair dryer), elevator, game table, computer/printer, laundry.
MID-LEVEL: 2-story main entry w/Steve Hansen Photo Gallery of OBX sites, elevator, laundry, & decks on both sides; a den/library that is usable as an additional bedroom, with a 32' flat-screen HDTV/DVD/VCR & Queen-sized hotel-quality sleeper sofa, mini-fridge, and paperback library; 2 king master BRs w/TVs, full baths (w/hair dryer), 1 master BR w/2 twin beds, TV, & full bath (w/hair dryer), and 1 queen BR w/flat 24' TV, adjoining handicapped-accessible bathroom w/roll-in shower & chair.
THIRD FLOOR: Great room w/ cathedral ceilings and walls of windows, gas fireplace, 40' TV, Sound system, 400+ DVDs and tapes, reading nook, 2-story octagonal kitchen with maple-wood cabinets and black granite counter tops, breakfast island with black-granite counter tops and 4+ seats, dining room area with table for 12, common area 1/2 bath, elevator, new leather sectional with chaise and electric recliner; and
master king bedroom and bath w/jacuzzi & shower w/hair dryer, and 32' Samsung HDTV, and deck w/picnic table. Stereo and iPod speakers.
EXTRA SLEEPING: The den and theater rooms provide extra sleeping areas with privacy with 2 queen-sized hotel-quality sleeper sofas. We also provide 2 queen-sized self-inflating air mattresses, and two sleeping bags (kids), in addition to our eight bedrooms that sleep 16 adults (two to a room), 24 adults total.
Sea Forever is a treat for relaxing and having fun. Our custom landscaping offers magnificent palm trees, as well as live oaks, redbud, cottonwood, crepe myrtle and others shade lounging garden with fire-pit, ornamental grass garden, and rose garden with perennials to enjoy. The bedrooms feature TVs with DVD or VCRs. A 46' SONY HDTV is in the recreation room with a pool table so you won't miss the game while lounging playing other games. Watch movies or play games in our theater room (with a new 70' widescreen Vizio HDTV, movie system, guitar hero, and other video games). We have 431 movies from which to select, including over 86 children's movies alone. Challenge each other on PlayStation 3 or Wii. Listen to music CDs or your own through the IPOD/MP3 stereo connector in the great room. Curl up with a good book in our den, choosing from our library of Romance, Science Fantasy, Paranormal, Classics, and Young Adult books. Jump in the pool or hot tub while you sip drinks, grill, watch TV, or listen to your IPOD/MP3 on wireless outdoor stereo. We offer free U.S. long distance, high speed cable internet via modem and WiFi, and fax. For those who just wish to lounge, unlike other owners, we provide a full $200+/month cable TV package included in your rental.
Our sea-foam inspired decor invites coastal tranquility. The great room furniture includes a buttery-yellow leather sofa w/ matching loveseat and chair, two reading chairs w/ottomans, and individual window treatments. We offer our guests a linen package with high quality soft linens, bath towels, bath mats, blankets, beach towels, and extra king- and queen-sized pillows. Your beds are made for you, and there are two dual washer/dryer units and new full-sized washer dryer for large groups. We even provide 5 hair dryers for your use, two crock pots, coffee pots, refrigerator freezers, paper products, spices, four grills, beach and pool toys, beach gear, and carts. As one review stated, 'all you have to do is bring your bathing suit!'
If you can tear yourself away from the amenities, stroll just 600 feet to the wonderful beach and bring our beach toys. The water is refreshingly clean, and often you can see the dolphins swimming by. When you return, there is an outdoor shower to get the sand off before hitting the hot tub, cruising down the bike path to shops and restaurants, or driving to tennis and golf courses. We have 19 bikes--five 20' boys & girls bikes, three toddler bikes w/ training wheels, and 11 26' adult bikes, 4 new this year. We have 14 helmets of assorted sizes. Toys, puzzles, and board games will keep young and young-at-heart happy for hours. You won't be able to resist a smile when the ice cream man arrives each evening with his jingly tune!
Our 2-story octagonal kitchen has solid wood maple cabinets, black granite counters, and 2 each of dishwashers, coffee makers, toasters, and ovens. The entire family can eat at the 12-seat dining room table next to the 4+-seat breakfast bar, with full-service hand-painted dinnerware. The kitchen is well-stocked with amenities like a tea set, espresso/cappuccino maker, Belgian waffle iron, food processor, softserve ice cream maker, breadmaker, 2 crockpots, and pasta machine. We provide two Graco Pack & Play cribs and two highchairs, sheets, and blankets. You can prep your cookout food in the kitchenette, grill at poolside (your choice of two different gas and charcoal grills each), and transport the entire meal in the elevator for dining on the third floor. Or you may choose to eat at the two picnic tables, using our outdoor dishes and tablecloths for that 'summer party' feeling with outdoor speakers. You have no lugging of travel bags or groceries, as the elevator makes your movements easy. Everything here will make Sea Forever your favorite getaway spot!
twin/ single (2)
Two twins in a master BR for non-couples
twin/ single (2)
First floor twin beds perfect for young ones or teens
Hexogonal mid-level king with a chaise for extra family memb
sleep sofa /futon (2)
Den w/Q sleeper mid level deck, and theater room Q sleeper
"handicapped-accessible" queen BR
THird floor master suite with jacuzzi tub and shower
Oceanside king master opening to mid level deck
First floor queen BR with sitting area for pack 'n play
First floor king bed
King size beds (4) Kings in 3 Master Bedrooms/BA on Third and Mid-level, 1 King located on the first floor level. All have hair dryers., Queen size Beds (2) One Queen on midlevel (handicapped accessable), 1 Queen on first floor level, Twin or Single Beds (4) One master bedroom with two twin beds/BA on midlevel (with hair dryer), 1 bedroom with twin beds on first floor level, Baby Cribs (2) Two Graco Pack-'N-Play portable cribs, two Cosco highchairs, sheets, blankets, Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) 2 recently-bought Queen-sized hotel-quality sleeper sofas are now available in theater room and den, plus two queen inflatable mattresses. Sheets, quilt, pillows, towels provided for all. Window treatments provide privacy in the den, so it is like two extra bedrooms!
(2) No more dishes in the sink, or having to wait around to finish all those dishes from your large family dinner. Use one dishwasher to hold dirty dishes while you are using/emptying the other,
(3) 2010 Amana side-by-side w/icemaker, water dispenser. Full-sized refrigerator/freezer at wet bar in rec room (so there is room to put groceries for a large group). Mini-fridge in den. A refrigerator with a gas grill top is poolside..,
(2) One in the kitchen, and one in the wetbar/kitchenette in the rec room,
Dishes & Utensils,
Main kitchen features two ovens, two dishwashers, two toasters, two coffee makers, coffee grinder, microwave, pantry, new stove, hand painted Philippe Richard dinnerware, plenty of flatware & glasses, wine glasses, blender, food processor, pasta maker, Cuisinart 4-slice Belgian waffle iron, coffee urn, Delonghi Espresso/Cappuccino maker, coffee foamer, softserve ice cream maker, breadmaker, rice cooker, crock pot, lots of spices, and large rolling butcher block island. In kitchenette, there is a coffee maker, Krups espresso machine, fridge, microwave, 'Cooks' grill/coffeepot/toaster oven combination. If we can think of other things you may want, we'll add them too. Many of our renters love to cook!
(3) Use your cell phones, or the house phone (252) 597-1333; free domestic long distance included,
We have a tertiary system (separate cooler for each of the three floors of the house).,
High quality soft linen (bedsheets, blankets, bathtowels, bathmats, kitchen towels), luxury comforters, additional pillows, throws, hair dryers. We provide two bath towels, washcloths, etc. per person. Beach towels are also provided for each renter as a courtesy. Please note there is a linen fee $150 for groups under 12 and $195 for groups over 11 to properly sanitize our linens for our renters.,
(2) Washers/Dryers on both midlevel and recreation-room level, plus another dryer in carport.,
(3) Washers/Dryers on both midlevel and recreation-room level. Another dryer in carport.,
Charter communications provides cable TV, telephone (252) 597-1333, and Wifi.,
Iron & Board,
Other Amenities No Smoking,
Satellite or cable,
Washer & Dryer,
Cable TV in Den and all bedrooms, in addition to HDTV large flat screen in Great Room (40'), Recreation Room (46'), and Home Theater Room (56'!). New flat screen TVs/DVD players (22') in all bedrooms, and brand new 32' (Samsung) in 3rd floor master bedroom! 100-foot cable connection allows TV watching poolside from hot tub or while grilling.,
Games for Kids,
Selection of CDs, including the CD our daughter produced of her a capella group at William and Mary: 'Reveille',
Ping Pong Table,
(3) If you have the time, or are just relaxing late, we have at current count 215 DVDs & 216 VHS videos -- including 86 children's DVD and VHS videos -- a total of 431 movies of all types! We ensure there is something amusing for guests of all ages, especially for those rainy days.,
(16) 16 electronic PS3, PS2, Wii games, plus 2 CD-ROM games available to play on the computer. Or bring your own!
Pool / SpaHeated Pool,
New heat pump/cooler has been installed! The unit will also COOL the water (if you wish) in summer. Our pool is one of the largest in the neighborhood, and one reason we bought this house. We can't stand these large houses with little kidney-shaped pools. An outdoor shower allows you to rinse off before going in.,
(3) Mid-level and Third-level long wide decks with plenty of deck furniture facing the ocean plus more decks in front of house,
(2) Two decks oceanside, one deck soundside, enclosed pool-side patio for privacy. Over two-dozen nice deck chairs and loungers available
Elevator 35x47 accomodates wheelchairs. Wheelchair accessible bathroom and bedroom on midlevel with roll-in shower and shower chair. The measurements of the shower are Length 56 1/2 in, Depth 29 1/2 in, and Height 71 1/2 in. The rest of the bathroom measures 80 x 57 1/2. The door opening to the bathroom is 35 in. We are building ramps for wheelchairs to become accessible to decks via wheelchairs without another persons' assistance (not yet available).
NotesHigh quality soft linen and bedding in all rooms. TVs in all rooms, including 32' flat screens in den, new in 2020 55" smart TV in Great Room, and 550" in recreation room, along with 70" HDTV in Theater Room. Butcher-block kitchen island/ stereo / Wii system. Hair dryers, toilet paper, paper towels provided. Best of all, House is on corner with direct line to both beach access, and walking/biking distance to shopping and amenities. No waiting in traffic just to get a paper, pick up breakfast or coffee, or those items you forgot. Elevator, handicapped-accessible bathroom, and bedroom make our house available to all family members who want to join you at the beach! 5,000 square feet (with den and recreation room) allows room for all those large groups and extended families who wish to double-up. Plenty of beach toys/chairs/boogie boards/umbrellas/16 bikes (4 new this year!).
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
1. Linen fee is $195 for up to 12 guests, $285 for over 12 guests. Electricity, water, pool, fireplace, etc (aka utilities) depends on season, weather, and other conditions; inquire of owner for details. Taxes/Fees adjusted for charges. We provide two pillows, two towels, two hand towels and a washcloth / person / week, and over 50 beach towels.
2. Rates were lowered to cover half to all of VRBO service fee.
3. EVERY GROUP WHO RENTS OUR HOME HAS TO SIGN OUR FORM LEASE (also, NC Vacation Rental Act law requires you receive disclosures and notices from us which are in the Lease). Due to VRBO/HA regs., you cannot give us your personal info to put into the Lease before you commit to rent. So please review the form posted on the site and MAKE INQUIRY before trying to reserve your dates for any term you do not understand or care for. We will expect a signed lease to be scanned and emailed or faxed to us at the time of renting, with original signatures to follow. [You send two originals Fed Ex or Priority mail --so they can be tracked -- and when they arrive, we sign both and send an executed original back to you for your records]. YOUR RESERVATION WILL BE CANCELED IF YOU RESERVE AND FAIL TO SEND A PROPERLY-FILLED OUT AND EXECUTED LEASE. We can adjust terms on the Lease upon reasonable request.
4. WE DO NOT CHARGE A SEPARATE DAMAGES DEPOSIT. WE FEEL IT NOT RIGHT FOR YOU TO GIVE UP MONEY FOR US TO HOLD FOR SOMETHING NOT LIKELY TO BE USED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Instead, we take your credit card info on the Lease. The Lease explains how the system works. Our reviews attest to the fact we've never wrongly assessed for damages (9 times total in 10 years).
5. We have a renter's guide with all our information the terms of which are incorporated into the Lease.
6. If you need to cancel, we try to release the Property 4U. If successful at or near the same rent, you get a full refund (so notify us as early as possible). If cancel too late to re-let, no refund.